Monday, December 05, 2005

Ain't America a Great country!

In writing this, I could quote some obscure Biblical scripture. I'm not a Theologian or Biblical scholar, so I can only listen to or read people's interpretations of the Bible. I think we all look for some kind of legitimacy in this lengthy set of documents. What I like about America is you have the freedom to worship Jesus or any other religion in any manner you see fit. What's even better, you can usually find a Church who supports your views. So, who's right and who's wrong? I have this attitude that each person must look within their hearts to interpret the meaning of the scriptures.

Et Moi? I just get turned off by all the condemnation and fear-mongering by some. Where is the simple love and kindness shown by my (Lutherin) Granny and her Pastor? By Jesus? I get the feeling Jesus' story would not have survived had he acted like Geghis Kahn or Hitler. Love trumps hate every time!

O.k., I have a link here. Some might consider this guy to be rationalizing the Bible, but it sounds good to me. It talks about one of the pressing issues of our time:

http://www.soulforce.org/article/639

Also, Kudos to Joel Osteen - a positive message trumps a negative one every time. When I do watch, I can lay down my remote control and not fear him getting my blood pressure up. Muchas Gracias, Amigo!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the article Hank.
mani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home