Saturday, September 01, 2007

770,000 Coloradans... WOW!

That is quite a number of uninsured people in Colorado! Of course, most will stay healthy enough to get on some health plan at a later time, thank GOD!!! I consider myself lucky to have kept access to healthcare with my chronic conditions. It is a no-go without employment if you make any money at all or have assets!

It seems that it is perfectly fine for the government to require group insurance plans of employers to cover pre-existing conditions (just about anything), but that is about all you get unless you are poor or a senior citizen. My employer shells out something like $250 per month to cover me and then I pick up the rest. I'm very grateful for that! But the sad fact is that I hate my job and would rather be self-employed. Couldn't they attain more ways to cover pre-conditions rather than standard employment? If I was without these conditions, any coverage for a 53 year old man would still be prohibative, just because of the age!

Even with the new plans the State Lawmakers are proposing (pardon my cynacism), I'll probably be left out in the cold when I finally have had enough of work. Of course, I could always take 18 months off, COBRA my insurance and cough up the over 6K to pay for it! I'll probably end up that way. God willing I'll be able to get coverage again...

Frankly, I am more terrorized by this healthcare system than Osama Bin Laden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home