Tuesday, August 21, 2007

White House, China fought lead-paint rules...hmm!

Interesting. It seems that the "free traders" of the Bush Administration fought tougher inspection rules. Now there is this scandal...

Yes, the B.A. likes corporations, fer sure! They'll all sell their souls for a buck... Send the country right down the tubes!

I hope this prompts some specialty toy makers in the U.S. to capitalize on the dislike of China crap. Crap, it most certainly is! Just go to the toy section at Walmart or Toys 'R Us. Plastic cheap crap!!!! Poor kids, even if they don't get lead paint!

This brings me back to my childhood in the 50's and 60's: The American Flyer train set, the steam engine (model), the Leggo set, the Erector Set and the Tonka toys - all were made here, and everything else we got. If you did get something foreign, it was from Europe and was probably more expensive than U.S. stuff.

I'm not sure it always produces quality stuff, but I'll take a Taiwan tool over it's mainland counterpart. But best of all I like my Craftsman (U.S.A.) tool set the best. These are my adult toys. For other nice U.S.A. stuff it is better to buy used things at the flea market or thrift store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home