Monday, May 28, 2007

It's a start!

I wouldn't make too much out of the face to face meeting between Iranian and American diplomats except to say that it could lead to more meetings. I think it worked pretty well leaving them alone up until we became involved in Iraq. Iraq can not become stable without the cooperation of the Iranians.

For me, personally, it means that sometime in the future we could actually have some kind of relations with them. Perhaps my friend could come to the United States to study??? Don't laugh at me! Remember it took some time for us to reestablish relations with Vietnam. Now, I believe there are direct flights to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

For the region, it would be much better if the United States lowered it's profile in the Middle East and other countries were able to make a positive contribution to keeping it peaceful. Despite our diminished popularity in the region, there are still people who look to us as a beacon of freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home