Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Miami a third world country???

Reportedly, Congressman Tom Tancredo made a statement saying that you could pick Miami up and drop it in any third world country... where it would fit in. I can't speak for Miami, as I've only been to Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is a city of immigrants, so I guess Tom has a thing about immigrants??? He's got to remember that a lot of Cuban Americans are Republicans. Or maybe he was talking about Haitians???

And what about Denver? It is a lot more direct of a path from Mexico to Denver. Via Juarez. I think it is a $40 bus ride. I'm not sure which city has a higher percentage of illegals, but I wouldn't count Denver out. Yes, Miami is probably more diverse, but Denver has plenty of racial diversity, trust me!

Also, I see a lot of upscale areas in photos of Miami. Heck, that neighborhood where Elian Gonzalez stayed wasn't that bad. Some areas of S.W. Denver, Commerce City and Aurora look just as bad or worse. I don't know what the "worst of the worst" areas are like... and probably don't want to know.

But yes, I would like to visit Miami some day. And as for Florida, the only people I really did not care for was crabby tourists from the Northeast...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home