Sunday, May 07, 2006

How LOW can you go???

Bush's poll numbers keep dropping. Yet is it enough for the inept democrats to capitalize on this???? As I have indicated previously, I want Bush to complete his term. But I would not mind if the Congress became a bit more balanced in 2006!

Bush already has the makings of a legacy - but the final chapters are yet to be written. I still hold out hope for Iraq, though I can say that it will be any number of years before we can call it a success or failure. On the domestic front, about all
Bush can claim is a re-shaped Supreme Court. With them, you can never tell how a justice will rule, but we have every indication the rulings will be more conservative. I would give his tax cuts a mixed review. Yes, the economy is doing o.k., but also the deficit has soared. They talk about cutting it, yet any progress is not fast enough for me!

On the legislative front, little has gotten accomplished on my list of things to do... The reformation of Social Security has stalled and in my humble opinion, healthcare has gotten worse. It will take a LOT of luck for us to survive this hurricane season. New Orleans and other areas can NOT afford to get hit or even brushed by a hurricane this season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home