Monday, May 01, 2006

Darfour??? How to stop the Genocide????

That's a good question. I do NOT want the U.S. military to go in there alone. There are Arabs involved and they generally want us out of their lands. Not that it is all their land, but they are involved.

Then we are left with the institution which can be said to be "worthless as tits on a boar"! Pardon my sarcasm!!! But it has to be a world effort and not another unilateral movement by the U.S. or NATO. We need to try and work within the framework of the United Nations and I suppose it can be said that at least they are good at relief operations.

I hope I don't give the impression that we should just turn our backs on them, but this, Iran and North Korea have to be a world effort. I have every confidence in the generosity of the American people and others from the western world. It sounds like President Bush and Condaleza Rice have weighed in, and they need to keep this situation in the public eye and in front of the United Nations. We HAVE to make the United Nations work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home