Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Independant View....

O.k., the election was boring as they often are during off years. I hate to root for Democrats I really don't know, yet I want there to be more balance between the parties. So it looks like in a couple of states Democrats have gained.

I don't know about Schwarzenegger 's ballot initiatives or anything else in California. Yet I can't help but wish Arnold well. What's not to like about him? But I'm sure he is not a Super Hero as in his films. California was a basket case. Hang in there, Arnold!

Texas voted in a ban on gay marriage (yawn...), or as I call it a refined definition of marriage. I still maintain that the states are the place to do this and that it is none of the Federal government's business. I suppose there will be one coming for Colorado for '06,

I'm not hearing a lot from the Salazar brothers. I think next year John is up for re-election. Sometimes, I feel a little disapointed that we hear so little from them. Yet one has to realize that Ken is last in senority in the Senate, behind Barak Obama.

I probably CAN be defined as a Democrat locally. This is only because this is a fairly solidly RED state. In Massachusetts, I think I was a Republican. For President, it is the person that counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home