Friday, November 04, 2005

After the interview...

Fortunately, they always replay Larry King at ten, so I didn't miss it. I wasn't disappointed by Senator McCain. His answers were good and he still looks young enough to be president. He makes a good point that the religious conservatives are to be admired for getting out and participating in the political process. He also adds that if the rest of us want to have OUR voice heard, we should get out out there and participate. Don't worry, John, we will!

Just like I want fair-minded and objective judges, I want a President who will hear my voice. What I like about the Senator is that he has somewhat of a maveric reputation. He voted against that constitutional amendment on marriage, which indicates he isn't in the pocket of the religious right.

Sure, they deserve a voice. But so do I!!!! John, just as you say you need some time to think about running for President, I need to find out if I can vote for you. My criteria for voting will be how independant you remain. Many of us feel betrayed by the Republican party and it's controlling interests.

I will be more inclined to jump in as a (temporary) Republican for the '08 primary (or caucus) to give John a hand up if he runs. There is a lot of time between now and then. One thing I am certain of, considering his background, I have confidence that he will do his best to get to the bottom of these prisoner abuse problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home