Sunday, September 07, 2008

Palin more popular than McCain, Obama...

I have to admit I kinda like this gal... But I believe that we all need to get to know her a LOT better. Now for what we already know: pregnant daughter... I could care less. Downs syndrome baby? Ah, I'm sure she'll find someone to help her care for it when she is V.P..

My biggest questions have to do with policy and substance. Frankly, I like the reform credentials, that is IF they hold true. Taking on oil companies and politicians in her own party, priceless! Refusing the bridge to nowhere and getting the natural gas pipeline approved are excellent parts of her resume. That is IF this is really true. Let's assume her credentials hold up under scrutiny... well, then I'd be more inclined to vote the ticket.

Now for the negative... I really don't care if someone is a social conservative, as long as they don't have a big agenda to push forward on that. I know McCain is steadfastly against abortion and I don't have a problem with that. But I'm concerned that these guys focus on the pressing issues of the day. Yes, it is a concern how they might reshape the Supreme Court should one or more justices retire. First and formost, however, are the top issues... put 'em in any order you wish: Economy, War in Iraq, Healthcare, Immigration and the budget. The other "wedge issues" are important, yet in some cases can be handled at the state level. Perhaps even healthcare can, but I need our next President to at least acknowledge this problem.

Well, uh, I sure hope she enjoys her celebrity status. But let me put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, with the pregnant daughter and "troopergate" controversies! I feel sorry for that daughter... god, no privacy at all!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home