Sunday, November 05, 2006

Shift of focus...



O.k., I've voted and gotten whomever I could to the polls. Guess what? All this pales in comparison to the human rights fears my dear friend Ariyan faces in Tehran. Yet the gay youth persist and I am haunted by their beautiful faces on their Blogs. These young people risk a lot to communicate with the West, yet I have the feeling if the Ayatollahs pulled the plug on the Internet (or at least private ISP's), there would be widespread rioting in Tehran.

Persia will rise again, but not under the current regieme. They are a great people, who have given so much to civilization.

The thing is that those with antiproxy software (the Internet is boring without it there), get all the news. Ariyan had a lot of questions about the elections, gay marriage and the likes. Frankly, I'm more interested in their life there. I can tell you , though their government is probably in that catagory, the people, like Ariyan, are NOT part any "axis of evil".



Hanging of Gay Iranian youth for the "crime" of homosexuality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home