Monday, June 26, 2006

A crude comparison...

This is not to imply that I didn't listen to Ward Churchill in his fiery exchange with Sean Hannity. I did! The point was made comparing "collateral damage" from our wars on civilians to the "little Eichmans" in the W.T.C.. No doubt the collateral damage is wrong, sad and everything else! No doubt that American torture and mistreatment of prisoners is wrong as well.

Most of us have enough sense to realize that the terrorists INTENDED to kill as many civilians as possible, whereas the Pentagon and our forces just made some stupid mistakes. Yes, I agree we should look at the way those who are disenfranchised think about us. It would be a big help. But Churchill's radical words are no help to finding a sensible solution to world problems.

On the other side is Sean Hannity frothing at the mouth about those who are not in lockstep with the Administration. If you question the actions of the Pentagon and our leaders, you are UNPATRIOTIC, Period!!!! Sean, I hate to tell you this, but questioning our leaders and government is VERY AMERICAN!!! We would NOT be America without this debate.

I say that these two can go on to hate each other, but they are not going to solve any problems. They are viscous attack dogs at each other's throats. I did enjoy the yelling match, however, and I'd call it a draw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home