Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rumblings???

I don't completely understand the fuss made over it, but the New York Times quotes General Casey on troop withdrawls this year. As much as we all would like them to come home, I'll have to agree with Bush that timetables are counterproductive and send the wrong message to terrorists. But we do need some kind of genuine exit strategy!!! Let us hope the drawdown is NOT linked to our upcoming elections. It is way too important that some degree of success be achieved prior to exit. Yes, I know it is expensive and tedious.... But we've got to prevail!

Also, on another note, I hear some cease-fire has been reached with Taliban fighters in Pakistan and Afghanistan. UBL may be pulled out of a hat!!! I'd really like to see what he looks like now!!!

These items may lift the Republicans in November. I hope voters are more sophisticated than to evaluate just the news of the moment - look at long term results!!! I also hope the good news may lift my sagging investments for a year-end ralley!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home