Sunday, May 14, 2006

McCain speaks at Liberty University Commencement

I wish he hadn't, but he did. This does NOT engraciate the Senator to me. Period!!! Pictures of John next to Jerry Fallwell does not make me want to vote for him; sorry, Senator! Well, it's a while till 2008, anyway.... We'll see what happens.

There is the notion out there that the religious voters are more dedicated.... Not, at least in this voter's eye!!!! I am dedicated against the Religio-Con's... It is high time we let individuals decide their own morality and focus on the common needs of the public!

I hear that Republicans in Congress are getting ready to throw some red meat out to their "conservative" base. I hope that this time it backfires! Immigration issues, healthcare and the war in Iraq are the three most pressing issues. Also, the budget! The states have proven to be capable of tackling issues such as same-sex marriage, yet there are those out there who want to bring up the red herring constitutinal amendment once again... Will McCain vote for it this time??? Will this issue fire up the base as it did in 2004??? My gut feeling is NO! Frankly, the thousands pouring across our border, daily, are more of a concern to this author!!!

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, SHAME ON ME!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home