Thursday, March 16, 2006

Rumblings.... Oh No!!!

Iran is a major headache. No doubt! But I hear rumblings of military action against them and it scares the heck out of me!!! I really don't care for those right-wing pundits at Fox News talking about possible airstrikes on Nuclear sites. All this would stir up the anger against us even more.

I don't know what the solution is. I'll be the first to admit it. I know we just can't appease them, but this approach of lecturing and threatining them doesn't work too well, either. There is apparently a LOT of discontent among the Iranian public with regards to the religio-fanatics in charge. I think the Iranian people want freedom in their hearts. But it can't be imposed on them from the outside. Eventually, if there is patience, a revolution/ at least a change of government will occur.

So, what is to be done in the mean time??? Containment and attempts at dialogue?? I'm open to suggestions, but I will tell you two things that aren't acceptable: A. doing nothing B. an all out invasion (we've got out hands full now with Iraq!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home