Thursday, March 23, 2006

Buffer Zone for Protesting Funerals

I think that the lowest form of human being possible are those who disrupt funerals for some kind of protest. A prime example is Fred Phelps. Yes, his "Primitive" Baptist Church is quite primitive all right!

Yes, I grudgingly acknowledge that they have the First Amendment right to do what they do. In fact, all these outrageous protests do is drum up support for those opposed to them.

The problem here is letting those who are saying goodbye have a peaceful funeral. The proposed buffer zone would help, I believe that if someone is stupid enough to watch or photograph the protesters, they all can do it from a distance. This isn't really saying that the protosters can't have a voice. It is saying that they can't be right on top of the mourners.

Two notes here:

1) They have to decide what exactly is an appropriate distance. I hear 500 feet is proposed.

2) "God Hates Fags" and the protests against the soldiers funerals (which I can't understand at all) only begets sympathy for gays and the troops! Both groups have my wholehearted support and Phelps can go to HELL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home