Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Best Film?

Critics Choice awards named Brokeback Mountain Best Film and Ang Lee best director. O.k., it was good and like I said, it had an important message. I can just see the Conservatives cringing! Damned Liberals in Hollywood!

It was an interesting film, no doubt. But what about the beautiful scenery? My God, the Rockies in Alberta are beautiful! Something tells me that if it were not for this beautiful backdrop, the film would be barely mentioned. Also, I'd subtract some points for plausibility. There's that one scene where the two cowboys had been separated and finally got together - they ran together and passionately started making out and ripping each other's shirts off; right below the window where the wife of one of them was watching everything! Not likely! I felt sorry for her as this "situation" was not her fault!

I don't get out and see many films, so I'm glad to have seen this one. I don't think it is really trying to advance an "agenda". It is just telling a story not often told... with a gorgeous backdrop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home