Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cheney Breaks Senate Tie on Spending Cuts

It is always interesting when the V.P. has to come in and be the tie breaker. I guess he was called back from overseas to do so. You NEVER really know what you are getting with any of these bills. If it indeed means some fiscal restraint, then it is a good thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about opening up the artic refuge for drilling. Can I believe them when they say they will do it in an environmentally safe way? It sure did not happen on that beautiful land around Hovenweep Canyon where our property lies. You can see the pads where the wells are quite clearly from the google earth photos.
Still, I suppose energy independence is important. I just wish we could do more of it through alternative energy sources.

I predict a new REVOLUTION in energy sources is right around the corner. It may not happen under the Bush Administration and it may not come from the government at all. It will be aided by the computer technology and create a lot of new jobs. Cars will actually clean the air as you drive around. There will still be a power grid, but many homes won't be connected. Countries with lots of sun, like Saudi Arabia will get most of their energy from it, while countries like Norway may supplement their power with turbines powered by ocean currents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home