Thursday, October 06, 2005

Life goes on...

I listened to Bush's speech before going to work. He's not my favorite speaker, but it was a good speech. It didn't raise my support for his war, but we are in it so I hope they can make lemonade out of the lemon. I also hope there is some common sense left in the administration and that they will think twice about committing any more troops.

I guess that woman he picked for the Supreme Court is drawing somewhat less than an enthusiastic response. This is from both conservatives and the left. To be fair, one should listen to her and not draw any conclusions. I stand by my support for Justice Roberts, though I already dissgree with him on the Oregon Assisted Suicide Law. I suppose if they overturn that one we are all going to need to read up on our do-it-yourself manuals. The tricky thing about suicide is when you don't do it right and end up still alive, but maimed or badly brain damaged.

My view on all these government happenings is that the every day "Joe" has no control over them and just has to adapt. To me, local politics are more meaningful because your vote or voice carries more weight. Even here, it's one out of thousands or even millions! Like I said, one just has to adapt.

Life goes on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home