Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Reply to the Pundits...

This is my response to those trying to politicize the Katrina mess: We're still in the middle of the emergency and as of today, 40% of New Orleans is still flooded! None of the politicians are up for re-election. Barring a sudden resignation, I do not believe any of them will be replaced soon, either. So we can only wish for them to do their best. You can bet there will be extensive hearings on this and much finger pointing later!!!

The piece, forwarded to me by my Uncle Chuck (which I saw today), said that Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco had dropped the ball and failed to get the evacuation, National Guard and everything else rolling on time. While I certainly don't think the Mayor is another Rudy Giuliani , I believe he is trying to do his best now. So are the President and the two Governors involved. It's a mess, period! As you may well know by now, I am not that religious. I do however send my good thoughts and prayers to those involved, as well as a few more dollars to help the effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home