Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched!




Normally I'd be happy seeing that slimy little weasel Rep Tom Delay get into trouble. Still, it ain't over till he's gone. I think this one is certainly driven by partisan politics. So far, through the hurricanes and all I don't think either party shines. The Democrats have appeared too eager to down prominent Republicans and the Republicans do appear to have some real weakness. I'd call it a wash. If I could predict the elections next year, I'd say they depend on local issues. I just hope, for whatever reason, there is no continued loss of Democrats.

That said, I have to say the Republican names for President I've seen like McCain and Giuliani are a lot more appealing than Hillary. Keep the congress half way balanced. That way the important things like this hurricane bailout will pass, but things like controversial constitutional amendments and other intrusive social legislation won't. I don't care if Republicans "keep control", just take away the large majority.

My critics will say this will lead to gridlock. I say if the current unity is moving the country in the wrong direction, we don't need to move it. Issues like healthcare and the environment have been pushed back too long. Most of us are aware of the healthcare mess (except those few who are perfectly healthy) and Katrina and Rita have demonstrated the need to focus on the environment. Bush talks a good game and can sound like a real tree hugger or someone who cares about the poor when he wants to. The time is NOW to cut this crap out and clean house!

Get rid of the @*!!##*!@* Neo-Cons, the Religious Right and the Porkbarrel Politicians (both parties)!!!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home