Sunday, April 13, 2008

Denver in the top ten most miserable sports cities...

Hmmm.... Was this list compiled by someone back East??? Look, I'd be the first to admit there were those horrendous Superbowl blowouts, but this was redeemed by two back to back championships. The professional hockey was an instant success, so then there was the misery of waiting for another championship.... And then there was last year's World Series sweep against the Rockies...

Well, at least there have been a couple of triumphs in all that misery. And besides, I don't live back East, so crying in my beer does not seem so painful. I could look at the bright side and be glad the Rockies even made it as far as they did.

I don't feel miserable at all, in fact!!! There are enough sports teams here now that one can look forward to the next one's season when another one falls short!!! Besides, I'm not that much of a sports fan anyway. Fishing season is beginning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home