Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I know his take on it, now the candidates....

Army Gen. David Petraeus was grilled by Congress. I believe he gave an honest assessment of the fragile situation there. McCain, Clinton and Obama questioned him along with other Senators. I haven't yet heard it all, but woke up to McCain giving his .02 cents about it. The Senators always give a speech before asking questions.

What is important to assess here are the questions that Clinton and Obama asked, which I haven't heard yet. I don't need to go over McCain's questions/views. He supports the General and a continued presence for some time there. How the Democrats handle questions to the General, who is at odds with them, is key. One thing I did read about is that Obama thinks we should call on Iran to help stabilize Iraq. Who knows? Maybe this idea is a good one? Regardless, Iraq will not become stable with the U.S. efforts alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home