Saturday, March 15, 2008

My disappointment...

I am not disappointed that Mr. Obama went to that church. I think the "racist" (well, everything is racist now a days) and "anti-American" rants of his pastor will continue to dog Obama for some time.

This is not to say that I could not understand the context of some of the things that were said. I only wish that Americans could drop their massive egos and become more self critical at times. But it sounds that this fella is way over the top in some of those sermons. For Barack to state that he had never heard one of those sermons seems real disingenuous to me.

No, my disappointment lies not with Barack or even the pastor. I am sad, because that particular church affiliation would be generally one I could join (if indeed I decided to be Christian). Now, I'm not talking about the Trinity United Church of Christ - but the United Church of Christ in general. From what I can discern, the two are related.

Well, this whole thing distracts from the issues. I say Mr. Obama has a great political future, but he needs to become more experienced. Shockingly, this could come in office as President of the United States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home