Sunday, June 10, 2007

How's about some border security first, Joe!

Joe Lieberman speaks on Face the Nation of launching raids into Iran to attack bases launching terrorists towards Iraq... While I admire the Senator for taking such an unpopular stance, I really don't want to see this war widened.

Yes, it's true that some of Iran's actions could be interpreted as an act of war. But I feel that Joe is so pro war-on-terror due to his being Jewish and sympathies with Israel. Sorry, I'm not trying to be anti-Semitic here, but I don't know any other way to interpret his position.

Before that is tried, how about patrolling the border with Iran better and scrutinizing anyone who is coming into Iraq? I am not saying to be soft with Iran, but have some patience!!! Also, with their famous history of keeping hostages, do we really want to take that chance?

I believe it is ultimately in Iran's interest to have a stable Iraq. Using proper diplomacy (not just lecturing and threatening them), I think there could be progress made. Heck the American and Iranian navies are talking via their radios to avoid a mishap - why can't diplomats talk for a while as well?

I'll bet that border is more porous than ours with Mexico!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home