Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Pat Robertson: God told me of 'mass killing' in 2007

Well, there he goes again! I'm not saying it couldn't happen. And I'm not saying he doesn't have a halfway decent track record; albeit with a few misses. I think he was silent on whether the Republicans would retain control of congress this year - though I know he can't bear the thought of them loosing it. Sure, the Bush re-election prediction in 2004 came true, but even this author felt fairly certain of that. Kerry did better than I expected, actually. Nobody told me, it just was my feeling based on current facts.

Jerry Falwell, as seen in an earlier post, condemns this kind of speculation. You can bet there will be more and possibly bigger terrorist attacks. It may happen this year or next or ten years down the road, but it WILL happen. And then all kinds of natural calamities can happen at any time. Speculating and fear-mongering do no good. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen! Intimidating people to try and convert them to your religion is a bad policy. Why don't they have the idea that if we all think positive thoughts or pray for positive things, that they might come to pass??? I'm not saying that Christian preachers should stop talking about sin or repentance altogether, but they shouldn't be obsessed with it either! Let's get some positive energy out there...

And the part of us being a superficial friend to Israel is a bit off - heck, we're probably the only true friend they have! You can tell that Rev. Robertson believes that Israel should occupy ALL the land and the Palestinians should just disappear because God gave the land to the Jews! Of course! That's why Ariel Sharon had his stroke! Because he withdrew from the Gaza!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home