Thursday, December 28, 2006

Piling on....

The death of Gerald Ford and release of his opinions on Iraq could not come at a worse time. We don't need any more opinions piling on about mistakes made in the past. How to proceed is the question!!!

I was against this war, but now that we are bogged down, I believe we need to find a responsible way to end it. I believe that a quick exit will just leave a power vacuum, which will probably be filled by Iranian dominance. I say, give it another year. Surge the troops if necessary. Do what it takes, get the politicians out of the way and GIT-R-DONE... But at the end of 2007, I would hope they are looking at taking the troops out. This can NOT go on forever!!!

Yes. this probably puts a LOT of pressure on the troops and Generals. If I were Bush, I'd be in constant contact with Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi. Explain that we need their support and be prepared to use your best negotiating skills to attain this tempory extension of the war. As I remember it, the withdraw of support from Congress caused the collapse of the Vietnam effort.

On the other hand, like I said, it can't go on forever. At the end of 2007, they should re-evaluate and then consider bringing forces home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home