Sunday, December 31, 2006

I can't believe it won't have some impact....

People in Denver who have lived in other snowy cities back East can't help it but notice how slow the city is in plowing streets after a major blizzard. Then again, I'm glad not to have all the rust issues to deal with as they do in New England. What disappoints me is the poor plowing of certain parking lots here. McDonald's lot was like craters on the moon; and I'm glad I don't own a small, low riding car!

I saw a few pickups with plows mounted on front, but not nearly enough! I realize that not everyone wants to adapt their truck to a plow, but it would be helpful to have more small vehicles with blades. Trash trucks? Well, whatever works! It will probably be any number of years before another major blizzard of this magnitude hits.

DIA? Well, that's what they get for locating it out on the wind-swept plains. It certainly was not a huge amount of snow on the first blast; 20 inches isn't that much... But when it drifts and piles up to five feet, that's a different story.

People back East are certainly laughing, at least those that don't understand the sunny high-plains climate. That's OUR little secret here. Back East, it is the rainy spells that melt the snow - here it is the sun.

I can't believe that Mayor Hickenlooper will sail to re-election next time. This storm and the botched election are bound to have an impact. Still, I haven't signed on to his enemies list just yet... I was able to vote early with no problems, and I always avoid driving when the roads are bad. It's not so much from natural conditions, but the other idiots who occupy the road. I don't think there is much the Mayor can do about them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home