Friday, October 20, 2006

Both ways Bob and Beauprezgate...

Now the person who divulged the private information is a "whistle blower" and Beauprez does not want to politicize the investigation of that person. Sure, Bob!

This whole thing is disappointing, no matter who wins! I've never seen a nastier campaign season, but since both of these guys are being equally nasty, I'll take Ritter. Yes, I suppose I should look at BWB's voting record, but I suspect him to be right of Owens: NO GO!

I hear about those who worry that all three (three?) branches of Colorado government will be Democratic and there will be no checks and balances. Yet, I've lived in other progressive states and the quality of life has been good. No, I don't want to see all Republicans gone. But on any given election, the legislature could change hands. If you want a truly conservative state, move to Nebraska! I won't slam it too hard for being last in economic growth; I don't think the states conservatives had much to do with that. Yet Colorado is a growing state (unlike Nebraska), with highly educated people and much diversity. Iowa (the farm state east of Nebraska) is a politically mixed state and has an excellent growth rate as opposed to Nebraska...

Further, I would like to see Denver and the urbanized parts of the Front Range control Colorado. Yes, Colorado Springs, the West Slope and plains farmers deserve a voice. But they should not control us here in Denver. This political shift is a result of more urbanization and our becoming more Hispanic. I still think more Hispanics vote Democratic than Republican: witness Colorado and New Mexico. Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas are mostly Caucasian, though they are changing, too.

Editor's note: I hate the term Hispanic and if someone like Mani is of pure Mexican descent, I call them a Mexican. But not all of Colorado's Hispanics are Mexicans...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home