Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Abdul Rahman's Family Values

This is the title of a new article in Time.com. I LOVE IT! Since this guy is bound to be the poster child of the Religious Right, I don't want to see him be made out to be some kind of Saint or something. He is not.

Not that I could sit in judgement of him, of course!!! And regardless of his tawdry past, he deserves religious freedom. Every human does. Even if he were to convert to Paganism, he deserves freedom.

It is just that after listening to my brother George whine about how Christians are mistreated in America, I don't want to listen to them play martyr about this one... It was our "great" Christian President that invaded there, supposedly bringing freedom and democracy to the Afghan people. Look, most of us supported (supported but dreaded) the invasion of that country just to look for Osama. But it is with great disappointment we hear about their intolerance. It's nice that he will be given asylum, but why the heck can't he just live there with his beliefs?????

I consider the most important American values to be freedom of religion and seperation of church and state!!!!! They will never be able to force me to believe in something I don't and will have a difficult time trying to force me to act like I believe!!!! I suspect that a lot of people in Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and elswhere are just going through the motions!!!

I DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS!!!! LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home