Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Now we know!

Harriet is an Evangelical Christian who goes to a conservative church. So what? This may reassure James Dobson, but I still want to know if she can be a fair judge. They don't ask me my religion when I apply for a job, what's so big a deal here?

Judicial activism cuts both ways. If abortion is to be outlawed, let it be done by laws not judges. Let it be the will of the people. Rather than outlawing abortion by decree and having back alley abortions, I think it would be better to become a society in which it is culturally unpopular. Keep up the efforts to provide alternatives and assistance. Parents need to be more understanding when their daughters get knocked-up. Sex happens!

Obviously there are a lot of other "social" issues that I'd probably disagree with her on, but remember that the elected officials are in a lot more tenuous positions and the pendulum can and will swing. The fifties were followed by the sixties. We may end up with a liberal legislative and executive branch some day. And who knows, some day Thomas or Scalia may retire under a progressive President.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home