Thursday, December 25, 2008

Mistakes to make on Christmas!!!

First of all, don't read the news! I won't repeat the news, as pretty much of it was not good. Well, except the mountains had a white Christmas, giving much needed snowpack a boost!

Second of all, don't tell anybody you don't celebrate Christmas.... or they will be shocked and dismayed. That is, unless you are Jewish and they will immediately understand.

If it is o.k. for a self-defined agnostic/Zoroastrian/spiritualist like myself to go around wishing people a happy Christmas (and a Merry New Year - and then another Chinese one in February and then finally the Persian one in the Spring)... Well, then it should be o.k. for everyone else to wish people of the majority glad tidings, etc...

For me, though, it is tough!!! Always glad when actual Dec 25 gets here as it be over... Hardly anyone to celebrate it with, except Ebenezer Toan and our happy little weenie dog, Laura.... And believe you me, I'm thankful for that! I've had leaner years! And I could in the future!

Yeah, Atheist Steve really liked Christmas and look where it got him! He wanted to celebrate it with me and his other friends, but the 100 year blizzard came and although we had a small get together later, he slipped on the humongous snow bank and almost died right there. A few days later he died from a fall when getting up to go to the bathroom...

Not to be bah humbug, but stories such as the above or today's news might give you some perspective on my seasonal blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home