Monday, June 16, 2008

California licenses same-sex marriage...

That is great in all, but I still wish the voters in general would decide these issues. It is fair to give out equal rights, but I understand those who cling to tradition. I don't, but if something is forced on the public, it is bound to breed resentment.

Still, seeing that elderly lesbian couple wed made me happy. I think we have a couple like that in our building.

Now this issue has cropped up during a presidential election cycle, just as it did in 2004. Hmm, that is when the Evangelicals came out in force - spurred on by these "wedge" issues. Bush won... But what would President McCain be able to do about this??? Republicans would be lucky to hold on to their current numbers in Congress. Even Bush could not muster enough support to pass the "same-sex" marriage ban in his heyday.

How is same-sex marriage working out in Canada??? I hardly hear a peep about them in the news these days... Hmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home