Thursday, July 19, 2007

See what happens when I leave?

I heard about that kid that tried to shoot Guv Ritter... Glad he didn't, however it is sad he had to die. Especially since he was delusional and talking about "God" and all that. Looks like "God" didn't want Ritter to die... Anyhow, it doesn't seem to be playing on in the news, so I hope there is no huge controversy in the kid's death.

I was kind of wondering if the State Capitol was secured, as the last time I visited was before 9/11. I can tell you that the City and County building across the Mall sure is secured!!! That's because of the courtrooms and all the criminals going through there. It's no big deal going through security.

I have occasionally fantasized about lighting myself afire on the front steps of the State Capitol like Thich Quang Duc did on a Saigon street in 1963. That would be after the Capitolist Pig Healthcare System robbed me of my money. It would be a real attention-grabber and I could put out web messages about the plight of healthcare. I'm sure my charred remains would be easy to scrape off of the granite steps.

The drawback with this plan is that I lack the spiritual discipline (a meditative trance) that the venerable Thich Quang Duc had to sit motionless as he burned up. And I don't think any amount of whiskey or painkillers would stop me from reacting. I'd probably run around screaming like the Iranians who did it in Paris and someone would put me out! Damned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home