Friday, April 13, 2007

The demise of IMUS...

Well, at least I can say I know who this guy is. I'm not at all interested in talk radio, but sometimes venture towards talk television. I must say that after hearing and watching the ladies on the Rutgers team speak, they don't at all fit Imus' description. I know he was just trying to be funny, but when there are bright articulate people being labeled in this fashion, it is not going to go over well.

The bottom line is that Imus apologized and they accepted it. Sure, I think some kind of punishment is in order: perhaps a suspension. But this sudden firing goes over the top. Why not let him serve a suspension and have warning that upon return that this kind of racist remark will NOT be tolerated!!?? Then they would have to see if enough people would listen or watch him to make it worth it to continue the show. He was around a long time and I bet there would still be a following.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home