Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

This is, without a doubt, my favorite Christian holiday. I feel that in the case of Easter, the Christian part overcomes the superfluous stuff like the easter bunny or colored eggs. Too bad the Easter sunrise celebration had to be cancelled, but we do need the moisture... Anyway, I like that there is no month-long hyper fest as in the case of Christmas. And then people get mad at you if you wish them happy holidays during the whole month of Christmas!

Easter is just one day, or one week if you are religious.

As for Jesus, the reason for the holiday, I choose to believe the traditional story that he died (for our sins), and was resurected three days later - to be re-united with his father. I'd prefer just to think that he was never married.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home