Thursday, August 10, 2006

They'll just have to make do with one less Democrat!

I'll even chip in for Joe's campain as an independent. Ken Salazar supports him as well! I think Joe can win considering the number of independent and moderate republican voters to be had in Connecticut.

Look, I may not be quite as supportive of Bush "War on Terrorism" policies as Joe, but Joe is a true statesman and definitely if (you look at his record) not a republican. I'm a pragmatist; I didn't want the invasion of Iraq, but once done, we have an obligation to try and stabilize it. We are reminded today about the terrorism threat which remains.

Does this mean we should forge ahead with business as usual? I think anyone who reads this blog will know I don't support that. That's why I often talk about getting more democrats to rebalance the congress. But putting in some guy who has very little experience against a seasoned and gracious senator was a grave mistake.

I often talk about my favorite senators. McCain, Hagle, Lieberman and our own, Salazar! I like the way Biden speaks, but I'm unsure of his views on a lot of things. Lieberman's problem as a presidential candidate is that he is too dull. Kind of like Ken Salazar. But I'd rather have dull than flashy and phony. Maybe I ought to include a woman; Olympia Snow of Maine. I admire Bill Frist for his experience, but am far apart from him on many things.

I am confident that Joe, as an independent senator, will vote on the social issues as he has before. He is a Jew, but I believe he is far apart from the religious conservatives. He just happens to believe we need to stick together prosecuting the "war". I hate the damned thing, but believe we are stuck in it. Giving up now sends the wrong message. We just need to look at how we are doing things and make corrections ASAP.

I'm sure Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton are doing what they feel they need to do as democrats: supporting the democratic candidate from Connecticut. A lot of times I do sound like a Democrat, but I'm not. I'm an independent voter. I will continue to vote for a number of democrats locally, such as Bill Ritter for Colorado Governor. I think he can win and this state has been too red for too long. (Bill Owens had a large stake in helping Bush get re-elected!) As I said earlier, however, when moderate republicans arise who are not religious conservatives or neo-cons, I will support them if the democratic opponet is not a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home