Thursday, October 27, 2005

How to get back at them, Mr. O'Reilley....

Bill has departed from the border issues to attack the big oil companies. Part of me says bravo, part of me says bravo for them. I'm seeing more people riding the bus and there seem to be fewer of those big trucks and suv's on the road. I'm also seeing more hybrids. Now the cost of gas is at pre-Katrina levels. But if it goes down further, the big trucks and suv's will re-appear. If you really want to stick it to the oil companies, conserve! I've got more sympathy for those heating their homes. We've come a long way in insulating our houses and building more energy efficient heating and cooling systems. Those who are on tight budgets really will feel the pinch this winter. I believe the natural gas and heating oil are to go up more, percentage wise, than gasoline did. That part isn't so fair, because it isn't like most people are trying to waste energy heating or air conditioning. Still, there's a few who waste it through ignorance. The rise in prices will surely prompt more education on how to save energy. Some people need reminding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home