Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Could he do it?


John McCain looks old. I think of the time passed since the 2000 election. Yet he still speaks well and has that wonderful whit in his sense of humor. How sad it is that Bush said the word "Christ" in a debate for the 2000 Virginia primary and Pat Robertson pulled out his troops to sink McCain.

Now the religious conservatives have Bush's ear, yet the President has a lot more pressing issues than what they present. I am NOT one to judge the mind of the American people, but I believe they have their minds on the more practical issues such as paying for all this stuff and getting our troops home.

Just like sometimes I feel that I am a Christian deep in my heart of hearts, I also sometimes feel the family heritage to be a Republican. NOT the Republicans as they are today, but the fiscally conservative, socially moderate Republicans as presented by Senator McCain. The man is a true statesman who can say genuine complements of those in the other party or those in opposition to his views. I would think he could use this skill to work better with other world leaders.

Also, though he supported the war, I don't believe he shares the Neo-Con views of world domination. One would have to hope the Senator would have more restraint in deploying troops. Unlike the Neo-Con leaders who have little or no combat experience, his story speaks for itself. His record in the Senate, I might add, is one of leadership and accomplishment.

If he never becomes President, I hope he will at least return to host Saturday Night Live! The guy is a real card!

1 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

AMEN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home