Friday, October 28, 2005

A few ounces

O.k., I tried the turbo thingee that goes into the air intake and it probably improved mileage by one or maybe two m.p.g.. I think it was about 70 bucks, so it'll take a while to pay for itself. I'm wondering if you have to take it out and clean it every once and a while? It's downstream from the PCV valve, so maybe some gunk gets on it.

I could use this next product to clean it off and add to my gas! Acetone! I've heard only a few ounces per tank will do the trick. People who report their tests have provided numbers of up to 30% increase. Realisticly, it will probably be in the realm of 10 to 15 percent, if it works at all. That would be another 2.5 mpg at 25 mpg. This is assuming the two methods of saving would compound the mileage. Going down hill the best mileage was 29 mpg and uphill 25 to 27. This is the gradual 2000 feet per 200 miles from here to Nebraska.

Anyway, it should pay for the bottle of acetone, plus a couple bucks in my pocket. That's the beauty of this one; no big investment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home