Monday, December 07, 2009

The furror over global warming...

Now we hear about revealing e-mails from scientists urging each other to make their data support the P.C. view of global warming. This is not good as Obama heads to Copenhagen to work on a climate deal with other world leaders.

My view? Pollution and carbon dioxide emissions are not good, but they are not provable in terms of an impending catastrophe. I'd rather have Obama humiliated and discredited and the planet turn out to be O.K. in the long run. Ah, but some of those photos of melting glaciers and sinking islands are kind of convincing! And then, could the planet have some self correcting cooling mechanisms built into it? Certainly, in the past the planet has had large scale emissions from volcanoes and such.

What I'd hate to see is them stop working on alternative energy. I believe it is out there waiting to be harnessed and even if global warming proves to be a hoax, saving energy will eventually strengthen our economy. Alternatives to oil can only mean a more secure nation.

Where I have some questions is this cap and trade stuff. I'm not sure that it isn't just smoke and mirrors. When I save energy, I do it to save money! So far the only thing that has worked are these flourescent bulbs which are supposed to have mercury in them. Ah, but I think my energy efficient windows are saving energy, though my condo association pays the heat. But they do feel more cozy and I am hoping for the tax credit on them.

Ultimately, any alternative energy projects that can produce employment are a good thing. That's the way to look at it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home