Sunday, August 27, 2006

Conversion at gunpoint?

Fox reporter Steve Centanni and photographer Olaf Wiig were recently released by their Palestinian captors. Under captivity, Steve read a statement that said: "Islam is not just meant for some people -- it is the true religion for all people at all times"

How would I have reacted? You know of my issues with religion! I'd feel pretty low if I felt compelled to read such a ridiculous statement... I wish I could find the courage to stand up to them and say; "fuck you, I won't!" and "fuck all religions!!!" This way, I could die true to my beliefs. Personally, I don't believe ANY religion is the true religion. They are all just bits and pieces of a bigger picture. They are somebody's perspective on the almighty and nothing more!

Being the coward that I am, I'd probably cooperate with them. Then, I'd have to spend a lot of time explaining and apologizing for what I said!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home