Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The fat child left behind???

I'm not sure what this is about. It probably involves politics! Supposedly Bush's No Child Left Behind program is somehow responsible. Maybe they are trying too hard to meet the academic standards for kids that they forget P.E.. On the other hand, maybe it is the same problem I have; fast food!

I watch all these obese parents drag their kids in to Wal Mart and buy all those quick, prepared entrees and snacks. Convieniently, there is a McDonald's located right at the entrance. And, unlike the seperate franchise McD's, they don't offer Asian salads. Just the standard burgers, fries and ice creams.

I was fortunate NOT to be obese until I became an adult. In fact, I started gaining weight during basic training in the Army. Sure, I gained some muscles, but also a bit of fat. From then on out, even with Army P.T., I gained weight. It took some years after leaving the service for me to get into the obese catagory. There were up's and downs, but gradually over time I got to my current weight (that will be my secret). Well, let me just say I could loose 20 to 30 pounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home