Sunday, July 23, 2006

The taking of innocent life?

Those words were heard in the background at work, Bush referring to stem cells. Abbey said: "What about all the innocent lives taken in the War???" Good point. Look, as I've stated, all this (embryonic) stem cell stuff might not pan out. But embryos in a fertility clinic hold little value to me. Do you think they are being valued when the excess ones are being thrown away???

Frankly, I am more concerned about the life of a catfish I take. Wish there were a way to stop 'em from moving. It gives me the creeps and there is no way you can konk one out, like you can a trout.


I DO believe that ripping a fetus from the womb of a mother is generally wrong. But I DO NOT at all link this with an embryo in a petri dish. I also DO NOT even remotely compare giving a rape victem some emergency contraception to abortion. There is too much exteraneous crap getting dragged into this debate!!!

Also, I am befuddled by a society that puts so much empahasis on this stuff, but when you are like a middle-aged homeless person, you are considered throw away. And let us not forget the "innocent life" being taken in Israel and Lebanon. I'll bet their deaths are a lot more painful and traumatic than the excess material being thrown away!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home