Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dobson parades his ex-gay folks...

I have to laugh at this... I keep thinking of all the married (to a woman) men I know who want a relationship with another man. What do I call them? Ex-straights?

If only human sexuality were that simple! My hypothesis is that every man and woman has a little bit of both in them. You can't convince me that just about every man has not "checked out" another man a locker room. To most, the draw of boobs and a vagina outweighs any desire they might feel at the moment.

Then there are those who are caught in the middle. I think the catch-all phrase is bisexual. There are a lot of men (and women) who have had relations with both genders. It is certainly a lot more acceptable to have a heterosexual relationship (i.e. marriage), because you have vastly greater social support. You can even go to Dobson's F.O.F. if you wish!

This is not to diminish anyone in a long-term relationship outside the norm. They have obviously demonstrated the strength to follow their hearts and not social pressure! And when it comes to those whom Dobson likes to parade around. I'm not condeming them; if they have it in their hearts to change, then more power to them!!!

There is no standard "one size fits all", when it comes to human sexuality. There are a LOT of gray areas and variences. I believe that (as much as I hate to see it happen) I am in the process of becoming a non-sexual. I think I missed my calling: I should have become a priest or a monk! I've learned to respect women, but I prefere being around those of my own gender!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home